On 16/02/2012 14:40, Barbara wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I have the updated 7.5 deluxe version of Legacy.  I must be a dunce as
> I'm having trouble with backup.  I need detail advice.  I usually go to
> "file" and then "backup family file"
> Perhaps, I'm entering the incorrect information in the box where I want
> to save the file.  I  backup in two places:
> 1. My computer C: drive _and_
> 2. thumb drive
> 1. When I go to open in the C drive, I get an error message "error in
> opening. Would you like to try again?"  When I say "yes", it opens.
> When I go to "help" - it indicates I should run "scan disk" - how do I
> do that?  nothing iunder the "help" on the tool bar indicates how to do
> that.
> 2.  The same happen in the thumb drive.

When you say "When I go to open ..." do you mean you are accessing the
backup file or your "working" family file?  If you are referring to the
backup, are you using the correct "Restore family file" command (which
is used for backups) or are you trying to use the "Open family file"
command.

NB:  When I say "backup" I am referring to a zip file created by using
the "Backup family file" command, which is what I presume you are doing,
as opposed to just saving your family file with different name and/or in
a different place.

--
Jenny M Benson