You need to make the pictures a smaller file size - resize to 150-200
KB in file size.  Make a copy and keep the original larger picture.
LInk to the smaller copy.

150-200 KB is just fine for publication and web pages.  Take a look at
the article on our website at
http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/tipsMedia-Menu.asp

Sincerely,
Sherry