CG,  Certified Genealogist and CGL, Certified Genealogical Lecturer are
service marks  of the Board for Certification of Genealogists ® , used under
license by  Board-certified associates after periodic competency evaluations.

In a message dated 10/8/2012 4:25:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ancestor...@gmail.com writes:

Ummmm,  yes?  You can't save custom templates can   you????

Michele

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard  Van Wasshnova [mailto:rfvanwasshn...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 08,  2012 1:05 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG]  Basic Source Format vs Source Writer

Michele,

So you are using a  non-Legacy template of your own design for some
sources? Wouldn't you prefer  to be able to save your custom template in Legacy
so
you wouldn't need to  consult your external template.
Perhaps a suggestion to  Legacy?

--
Richard Van Wasshnova

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at  7:11 AM, Michele Lewis <ancestor...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> There are  some sources that I prefer to format using Elizabeth Shown
Mills' first book,  Evidence!  Citation and Analysis.  I like my citations to
include  everything a person needs to find the source but nothing more so
that the  citations are easier to read.  In ESM first book some of the
citations  include all of the elements but are in  more concise and easier to
read
format.  ESM will be the first to tell you that citations are as much of  an
art as it is a science :)   There are a few citations that I cite  a little
different than she does (Find-A-Grave entries would be one).  I  CAN
conform SW to what I want most of the time BUT it is hard to remember  exactly
how
I did it the next time I need to cite a similar source.  I am  all about
consistency.  I have to have all my citations following the  same format.  I
do have a style sheet where I record all of the different  sources that I use
so that I do cite things consistently but it is hard to  remember how I
manipulated the blanks in SW to get it that  way.

> Michele

Legacy User Group  guidelines:
Archived  messages after Nov. 21  2009:
Archived  messages from old mail server - before Nov. 21  2009:
Online  technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
Follow Legacy  on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and
on our blog  (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).