I get this occasionally with misc program installs.  Haven't seen it
with Legacy, but it does come up intermittently with program
installs/updates.  Here's what I THINK is happening:
When a program finishes installing, Windows looks for a "completion
code" indicating success.  Sometimes Windows misses the code for
whatever reason - thus Windows doesn't know if the install completed OK
or not.  However, if YOU saw the install complete successfully, then you
can tell Windows "all is well - don't worry about it".  But if you also
did not see that final dialog box saying the install was successful, or
if you saw some abnormality during the install, then you should tell
Windows the install was not successful (and, of course, you should re-do
the install).

Bob