From: Ron Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:53 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Maintaining Sequence of Twins/Triplets

If all the children connected to a marriage have birthdates, then the children
sort could easily be done by birthdate, sibling order, given name.  If the
children have been manually ordered, the children should stay in the set order.
 If the order has not been set, then child sort would be like it is in the
current version (as if order = 0 for all siblings).  This SQL illustrates this
sort for children of a specific MRIN where all children have a birthdate.  The
WHERE clause specifies the MRIN of the parents to use.

SELECT tblCR.IDIR, tblIR.BirthSD, tblCR.Order, tblCS.ChildStatus,
tblIR.GivenName, tblIR.Surname, tblCR.IDMR, tblMR.HusbGivenName,
tblMR.HusbMarrSurname, tblMR.WifeGivenName, tblMR.WifeSurname
FROM ((tblCR INNER JOIN tblIR ON tblCR.IDIR = tblIR.IDIR) INNER JOIN tblMR ON
tblCR.IDMR = tblMR.IDMR) INNER JOIN tblCS ON tblCR.IDCS = tblCS.IDCS
WHERE (((tblCR.IDMR)=1))
ORDER BY tblIR.BirthSD, tblCR.Order, tblIR.GivenName;

If any child does not have a birthdate in the database, then the children
should be sorted by order, given name or the children with birthdates could be
displayed in date order followed by the children without birthdates.  They
would need to be manually ordered or the birthdates could be set to "Abt" dates
so that a later sort will order them.

When the sort children by birthdate, order, given name or just by order, given
name is complete, the order numbers can be re-assigned.  The same logic would
apply in the new tool for sorting all children in the database or a single
family in Children Settings.