No replies to my query below yet, so here's a bit more information in
case that inspires a response.

In relation to point 2, I've inspected the .ged file that I imported,
and just don't understand why this happened.

This event imported with the address intact:
1 DEAT
2 DATE 22 FEB 1952
2 PLAC Harrogate, WRY
2 ADDR Alexandra Nursing Home
2 SOUR @S171@
3 _TMPLT
4 FIELD
5 NAME Page

but with this one the address went into the list as "n/a - 41 Carey Street":
1 CENS
2 DATE 6 APR 1891
2 PLAC Middlesbrough, NRY
2 ADDR 41 Carey Street
2 NOTE Age 7, born Middlesbrough; Scholar.
2 SOUR @S12@
3 PAGE RG12/4014 fo27 p5
3 _TMPLT
4 FIELD
5 NAME Page
5 VALUE RG12/4014 fo27 p5

Any thoughts welcome - and also on points 1 and 3 of my original query.

Arthur