Good explanation, you are almost there.  For a moment, forget about
relationships, marriages, civil unions, adoptions, etc.   Look at the base of
genealogy, genetics, genes, etc.  Genealogy was originally intended to trace
the blood sources of a being.  The real terms behind genealogy should be "egg
donor" and "sperm donor".  Everything else is just a label.You can use Mother
and Father, or Husband and Wife, or Female Donor and Male Donor.

What has happened is that people have discovered genealogy programs and are now
trying to use them for their own purposes, tracking relationships.  That is
fine, but don't cry if a genealogy program does not suit your relationship
needs.  If you don't like it, use a "relationship" program instead if you can
find one.  In the meantime, you can make suggestions, but don't gripe if your
request is ignored if it is not basic to tracking genes.  That is why many
programs do not allow for same sex relationships, that is not tracking a
genetic flow, it is tracking a social connection.

Re, " no known children/marriage, no further research needed" is just as bad as
the other suggestions.  In fact, this could mean more research is needed!  The
"no research needed" box should be a personal tag for the individual, not tied
to any specific reason; but a text field with it to explain for personal
reasons might be good to go with the check box.  Ie: "uterus removed at age
11". Should not be exported in a gedcom.