From: Steve Hayes [mailto:hayes...@telkomsa.net]
Sent: January 22, 2016 8:41 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Status of TMG importer

On 22 Jan 2016 at 6:03, Sherry/Support wrote:

> You can store the Family File in the cloud, but the program itself has
> to be installed under Windows or a Windows emulator.

One way of doing it is by using Dropbox.

You can keep your Legacy data files in a Dropbox directory. I have done this
with Rootsmagic, where my wife and I access the data files from desktop or
laptop computers. It is best to turn Bropbox syncing off when actually working
on the file, and to make sure that one is only working in it on one computer at
a time.

This would probably work with Legacy v 7.5 or earlier, but would be awkward
with Legacy 8.x, which has a different default method of storing data files.
As a result of that I transfer the Legacy data from my desktop to my laptop
with a USB flash drive, and every time I change I have to do the "Restore User
Defaults" routine. But I still back the data file up to Dropbox.

--
Keep well,
Steve Hayes

-----