Carol Wait wrote
I find it helps to have the RIN in the user I.D as they stay the same even if the RIN changes. I imported some names from a gedcom and had numbers up in the 20,000 and didn't have that many people in my file. Finding the last number in order was easy using the name list showing the User I.D. number.

I use the RIN in the User ID as well, but I prefix it with a letter and a number (eg P4.561) where the letter indicates which of my 4 branches (grandparents) the person belongs to and the number indicates which generation they are (relative to my generation.)
--
Jenny M Benson

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/

http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Help.asp