Anthony,

Anthony wrote:
On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
This rule means that everything that is traced from Bing before OSM stops
publishing under CC-BY-SA will be available to the world, forever, under
CC-BY-SA. But a hypothetical CC-BY-SA fork would not be allowed to accept
newly traced data after the license change.

I certainly didn't read it that way.  The Bing license says you must
contribute traced data to openstreetmaps.org, but it doesn't say you
can't also contribute traced data to a fork.

I believe you could also do other things with traced data but that would then be subject to the normal license, not the special license they granted to OpenStreetMap.