On 2010-12-23 04:14, Anthony wrote:
I guess...  Isn't Bing supposed to be coming out with a more clear
license?  This would be one point for them to clarify.

Good point. I think the discussion here on the mail list is not leading to a clear license because we all are just interpreting and guessing.

Wouldn't it be better to tell Bing your special case/your questions? They have a legal department which should know what they want and with the questions they get feedback that their license isn't that clear as they probably thought it is.

Bing explicitly says it's ok for contributing to OSM.

I'd say it's implicit, rather than explicit.  They say you must
contribute the data to OSM, which implies that they give you
permission to do so.

I guess the license doesn't explicitly state whether or not others are
then allowed to modify or redistribute that contributed data, be they
forks, or mirrors, or Bing competitors, or otherwise.

I think we mean the same. It's clear for OSM, unclear for the rest, right?

Bye, Andreas