Am 23.09.2015 um 01:26 schrieb Alex Barth:

> The Fairhurst Doctrine won't get us all the way on geocoding. It still
> leaves open what happens in scenarios where elements of the same kind
> in third party databases are geocoded with OSM data and others with
> third party data. This is a highly relevant scenario as OSM data
> particularly for geocoding (addresses, POIs) is usually not complete
> enough. The ability to use OSM for geocoding and "backfill" it with
> (non-license-compatible) third party data is exactly what would would
> make a gradual adoption of OSM possible.

This is obviously off topic as it has little to do with comments and
input on the proposed guideline (and the proposed guideline has nothing
directly to do with geo-coding), however I'm curious: why wouldn't you
want to provide OSM with a list of addresses that you tried to geo-code
(successfully and non-successfully), for example as proposed in:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/Geocoding_-_Guideline#The_Failover_Issue_and_Publishing_Derived_Datasets

Simon