Steve Coast http://stevecoast.com/ <http://stevecoast.com/> +14087310937

> On Sep 23, 2015, at 11:22 PM, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:
>
> Now obviously it does limit in some aspects the T&Cs an OSM based
> geo-coding service can use for its business and it might actually force
> such a service provider to differentiate between geo-coding for public
> vs in-house use.  But then it isn't as if you are completely free to do
> what you want with a lot of other data sources either.

Another good point: If the OSM license has some edge case problem, it’s still
far better than proprietary licenses which are the alternative.

I’m calling it "edge case” if the SNIFF TEST in my prior email is not met,
maybe it’s just as well to call it the “EDGE CASE TEST”, which is similar if
not identical to the MANY TEST.

Just trying to pull the discussion toward black & white tests which we can
actually pass or fail, happy to see other suggestions.

Best

Steve