On Wednesday 23 September 2020, GITNE wrote:
> [...] However, I am unsure
> whether this your opinion or legal assessment? Because a legal
> assessment is actually what I would like to know.

You will only ever get opinions here (often colored by interests and
what people want to be true) and never a binding legal assessment you
can rely on.

What you wrote so far has not been very convincing.  That changeset data
is distributed separately from other parts of our database is not an
argument against it being covered by the contributor terms.  Frequent
discussion in the OSM community that certain information (like source
tags) make more sense to be recorded in changeset tags than in
individual features (and accordingly that they can still be connected
to the features when recorded in that form) OTOH supports the view that
changeset tags are covered by the constributor terms and that the
mapper community regards them as such.

In any case - the OSMF is distributing changeset data under the ODbL:

https://planet.openstreetmap.org/replication/changesets/

and there are a lot of third party services that use this data in their
services (like various QA tools, for example achavi) so if you have an
issue with that in principle picking out Slack specifically is not
really appropriate.

(that is all under the assumption that Slack is using the data in
compliance with the ODbL - which i don't know)

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/