On Wednesday 23 September 2020, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> GITNE's point was not about changeset data, it was about changeset
> discussions. I agree there is no doubt that changesets are part of
> the geodatabase (at least for me), but for changeset comments it
> seems the situation isn't so clear, it could be seen as an edge case
> (either way could be defended by arguments), athough I agree that
> through linking it to the changeset_id it is within the geodatabase.

I see - yes, that is slightly different in nature - though i think all
of the arguments i gave in principle still apply (including in
particular that the OSMF publishes the changeset discussions under ODbL
as well).

The main difference i think is that contributions to changeset
discussions have a higher likeliness to in themselves be subject to
copyright (and not just database protection).

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/