Am Mi., 23. Sept. 2020 um 11:02 Uhr schrieb Christoph Hormann <
chris_horm...@gmx.de>:

> ...  That changeset data
> is distributed separately from other parts of our database is not an
> argument against it being covered by the contributor terms.  Frequent
> discussion in the OSM community that certain information (like source
> tags) make more sense to be recorded in changeset tags than in
> individual features (and accordingly that they can still be connected
> to the features when recorded in that form) OTOH supports the view that
> changeset tags are covered by the constributor terms and that the
> mapper community regards them as such.
>
> In any case - the OSMF is distributing changeset data under the ODbL...

GITNE's point was not about changeset data, it was about changeset
discussions. I agree there is no doubt that changesets are part of the
geodatabase (at least for me), but for changeset comments it seems the
situation isn't so clear, it could be seen as an edge case (either way
could be defended by arguments), athough I agree that through linking it to
the changeset_id it is within the geodatabase.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/5/58/OSM_DB_Schema_2016-12-13.svg

Cheers
Martin