Edward K. Ream wrote:
> No.  I want an article appearing in a peer reviewed journal indicating that
> the threat of global warming is significantly over-stated.

But the question in dispute is whether reviewed journals are actually
peer reviewed on politically sensitive topics, rather than theologically
reviewed for comformity with the holy doctrines of state sponsored religion.

Recent events prove that on certain topics, they do not carry science,
but are mere megaphones for the holy ranting of the priesthood.

Science is not that which the state decrees to be science.  It is that
which follows the rules of science, which unwritten rules correspond,
more or less, to the written rules of the older and more prestigious
journals.

If these journals are reluctant to apply these written rules on certain
sensitive topics, then what appears on those sensitive topics will not
be science, and hence what appears or fails to appear in such journals
is not an indication of truth, but of religion.

In particular if the replacement hockey stick had been genuinely peer
reviewed, then, in accordance with the unwritten rules of science, and
the written rules of the older and more prestigious science journals,
the data and calculations supporting the graph would have been made
available.  Had the data and graphs been made available, people would
have objected nine years ago that ten trees are not enough.

Since not genuinely peer reviewed, since not in conformity with Journal
rules, therefore not genuine science, therefore mere theology.