On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Chris George <technat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What did you think of the other approach, of getting writers into a
> customized Leo with a WYSIWYG editor?

I would love to have a wysiwyg mode in Leo, but think it will take someone
with programming chops and the same itch to happen on the scene. I don't
think there's many of those type around; the process of building a
developer makes them comfortable with plain text. ;-)

There may be a middle way, it is possible to show the most used rich text
features -- bold, italic, underline, colours -- in plain text. See the
txtfmt plugin for Vim, http://www.txtfmt.webs.com/. Dunno if the same
principles are applicable to Leo.

(the examples are garish to my eye, but this one in particular shows
promise: [image:
http://txtfmt.webs.com/sample_c_bg.png]<http://txtfmt.webs.com/sample_c_bg.png>
)