On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 08:27:08 -0800 (PST)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.screencast.com/t/jL9C9kLNZ4
>
> Be sure to click on the "Full Size" tab at the top of the screen to
> get clearest text.
>
> It was easy to produce with Camtasia Studio, once I let go of my
> perfectionism :-)
>
> Psychologically, it was easier to produce this "expert's" video
> because I didn't have to worry about explaining every little thing.
>
> Producing a full range of beginners tutorials is next.  Very exciting.
>
> All suggestions welcome.

This was one of the best screencasts I've ever seen. You told us in the
beginning what you were going to do. Then you did it. You explained
what you were doing clearly. The hotkey pictures were a spectacular
help. My general reactions to the video were:

1) After viewing it, I had little doubt that I knew how to do what you
   did.
2) After viewing it, I had a much more positive attitude toward Leo.

My one question is this: During the screencast, you didn't actually
change anything within expand_text, which was a subcomponent of the
node of leoEditCommands.py. If you *had* changed anything in
expand_text, wouldn't the log screen have shown that leoEditCommands.py
was changed?

You asked a month ago what could make Leo more universally popular.
Screencasts like this are exactly what is needed. It teaches, and it's
also a dog and pony show displaying Leo's strengths.

Thanks,

SteveT