On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 1:16 PM, wgw <wgwin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> there are still reasons to work on GOOD THINGS (™) without abandoning the
> work against the BAD THINGS (®).

I agree completely.

> I particularly appreciate Lessig's Google presentation
> (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik1AK56FtVc) and TED talk
> (http://www.ted.com/talks
/lawrence_lessig_we_the_people_and_the_republic_we_must_reclaim)

Thanks for these links.  I'm watching the first talk now.  It's great stuff.

I'm finding Leo hard to work on precisely because I find politics so
interesting and important.  Not pretty, just important.

> . He makes a convincing case that money pollution is the most fundamentally
> destructive pollution we are facing today.

Again, I agree completely.  That's why I cited McCutcheon v. Federal
Election Commission.  Whether grass roots campaigns, regardless of
their targets, can ever compete with full-time well-funded propaganda
(not to mention almost-full-time dialing for dollars) remains to be
seen.  I am not hopeful.