On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:26 PM, 'Terry Brown' via leo-editor
<leo-editor@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> I'm not looking for excitement ;-) I'm looking for Leo to say "here's
> the filename, here's the node to stick the subtree in, now make the
> subtree".  Well, ok, I guess that would be exciting for the flexibility
> it offers :-)

Try this:

    ic = c.importCommands
    ic.createOutline(fileName,parent,
        atAuto=True,atShadow=False,s=None,ext=None)

Note 100% sure about the atAuto arg.  If s is given, it will be taken
as the contents of the file.  The ext arg can be used to force a given
importer.

When in doubt, look at the sources for createOutline.  I've recently
refactored them, so they should be more understandable.