On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 5:46:01 AM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

Must Leo emulate Jupyter's QtConsole window directly in the body pane?
> given the source code for the console.

It looks like recent Jupyter advances will make embedding the Jupyter
console into Leo more straightforward.  The sources for the Qt Console are
now at: https://github.com/jupyter/qtconsole. The organization is different
from what I (dimly) remember, and at first glance it appears more flexible.

It's easy to run a stand-alone console.  Just do `python __main__.py` from
the the qtconsole/qtconsole folder.  This uses a dedicated IPython kernel,
but there are other files, notably rich_jupyter_widget.py which may form a
template for embedding.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that a few days of work may suffice to
do a prototype of a jupyter widget in Leo.  Furthermore, various files in
qtconsole/qtconsole appear to show how to implement typing completion,
highlighting, etc.

In short, the (new) qtconsole code is worth serious study.