On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 2:35 AM, vitalije <vitali...@gmail.com> wrote:

Using Electron allows reading and writing local files much easier then from
> browser. Accessing local file system can be done through python back-end,
> but it would add a lot of complicated inter-process communication (which
> need to be tested, debugged,...) instead of directly reading and writing to
> local file system.

​I'm confused.  I thought we agreed that we don't want to try embedding
python in node.js?

Isn't some form of ipc required so we can run Leo's core in a separate
process?​

The other advantage of using Electron is that programmer doesn't need to
> check browser version and to deal with lot of browser compatibility issues.
>
> The disadvantage of using Electron is download size it brings in (~ 50M),
> but I believe it would be a small price to pay for the benefits and
> flexibility it provides.

​Thanks for these comments.  ​

​Edward