Am Freitag, 28. Februar 2020 15:19:38 UTC+1 schrieb Thomas Passin:

 It's not about storage, it's about reducing visual clutter in the text.

Understandable. I have that problem too. Im thinking about moving my
metadata to p.v.u
and adding a metadata-widget on the editor-side to not forget them. But
this makes
exporting data a bit more cumbersome.

Something other I think about is adding alternative editor-widgets, so you
can choose preferable view
per data, which then would just show an editor with embedded metadta-view,
while the node-content would
stay together as it is now. But this demands some patches in leo, which
cumbersome in it's own way.

 After all, how likely is it that some other system could used the exact
> format of the zettels with no change at all?

Well, I use the same metadata-format...and probably some people might be
starting using it too at some point.
Why should this be a problem? It's not like we all share our personal data.

>From your other mail:

>  I revised the command to insert an ID, so that it also inserts the
> creating date.  Here's the new script:

Something you may be interessted for this:

    new = c.insertChild()
    new.b = f'{id_label}{time_string}'

I'm not sure about about focus on the title in this case, as I removed
this. But this should simplify your code and process.
It creates a child-node, gives it focus and sets the body-text.

If the headline is not in edit-mode, you can try calling c.editHeadline()