Am Freitag, 28. Februar 2020 04:51:42 UTC+1 schrieb andyjim:

Another ugly and inconvenient question: Are you contemplating a command to
> automate starting a new zettel (is it ok to use that term for the time
> being? I gather you plan to find a new term.)?  Sorry to bring it up again,
> but one of the key things for me is to be able to launch a new zettel in an
> instant, without required steps before I can start writing.

I have a function bind to a key doing that and can confirm, it's very
useful to have a new entry generated and focused instantly.
I also let it search the proper node in the my prefered leo-file, so it
will always created at the same location.

  I am suspicious that if I have to type in three or four headings, decide
> upon titles, etc, in order to create a new zettel,

Leo has a function to replace text as you type (
http://leoeditor.com/abbreviations.html ), which you could use to create a
new entry from  template in an empty node.
But what do you mean with title? Leo does not force you to use a title, but
for something meaningful you can't automate this, or do you?