On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 1:39:17 PM UTC-4, k-hen wrote:

> I don't mind refreshing at all. Pardon the naive question, but how would I
> go about trying VR3?

You edit the MyLeoSettings.leo file, which you can open from Leo's Settings
menu.  Find a node titled @enabled plugins.  Comment out viewrendered.py
and add or uncomment viewrendered3.py.  Then restart Leo.  Actually, you
could run both plugins, but it's less confusing and a better use of screen
real estate not to.

I don't recall if the version of the plugin in Leo 6.2.x final is the same
as its current version.  If you want to run the devel branch from GitHub,
you will certainly get the current version.  The way I run Leo with the
devel branch is to clone Leo's GitHub repository and switch to the clone's
devel branch.  Then open a console window and set the environmental variable

set PYTHONPATH=path\to\github-leo

Then run Leo from that console.  I usually launch it this way -

python -m leo.core.runLeo --use-docks

If your outline and tab panes start out in strange locations, drag them
around and then restart Leo.  You may need to do this a fe times before the
positions settle down.  I don't know why that happens.  Edward says it is a
quirk of the QT5 system that we can't do anything about.

Open and close the plugin using <ALT-0>.