Hello Thomas,

tbp1...@gmail.com schrieb am Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2020 um 02:57:10 UTC+1:

> I have been able to coerce VR3 into configurations like you described.  To
> do it, I had to use the splitter bar context menu item toggle split
> direction/just this. Once in one of these other configurations, VR3 would
> toggle on and off in a consistent location, but when it was off the pane
> arrangement might jump into the previous configuration - this might not be
> what anyone wants.  I'm not sure if VR3 can do anything about this since it
> is basically a layout matter, and I'm not even sure it's actually wrong.
>
> At any rate, I have handled it by getting Leo - with VR3 off - into my
> preferred layout with the body pane right and the outline and Tabs panes
> sharing the left column.  Then I saved this layout as body-pane-right
> using the splitter context menu.  No matter what unusual situation I get
> the layouts into, I have (so far) always been able to restore what I want
> by loading my named layout, and then if necessary running the
> vr3-use-default-layout command.
>
> You could also save another layout named, say, vr3-right after you get
> the layout with VR3 that you like, and restoring that should always work.
>
> On Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 4:08:07 PM UTC-4, Thomas Passin wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Viktor,
>>
>> I don't think you need to open an issue on Github since I plan to keep
>> working on the problem after Leo 6.3 Final is released.  In the meantime,
>> once you get a layout that you like, I suggest saving it using the splitter
>> bar context menu.  After a restart you can load that named layout using the
>> context menu, and things should go back the way you want.
>>
>> You could make it even easier by creating a button to run the
>> vr3-use-default-layout command.  The button body would be -
>>
>> c.k.simulateCommand('vr3-use-default-layout')
>>
>> I have done this myself, but don't need to use it very often.
>>
>> This has been one of those pesky problems that are hard to pin down.  I
>> have put in quite a few hours with the VR3 code and the Leo code, and still
>> it's not fully cleared up.  Now that I know it's still a problem for you,
>> I'll get back to work on it.

Thanks a lot for your two messages. - Applying the command - or - the
suggested  button is a good workaround.

But IMO other Leo users will experience similar issues, when the have to
switch from the '--use-docks' behavior of 6.2 to the 'NO docks' behavior
re-introduced with 6.3 ...

If I find some time, I'll try to find out how the behavior for VR/ VR3 is
for a new installation of Leo for a new user in Fedora 32 ...