Am Mo., 2. Nov. 2020 um 11:17 Uhr schrieb Edward K. Ream <
edream...@gmail.com>:

> On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 7:52 AM Viktor Ransmayr <viktor.ransm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Here are the notes from my experiment this morning:

> *Checkout behavior for a user, having installed Leo-stable from GitHub.*
> Rename ~/.leo to ~/.ole* Restart Leo - and - re-open this outline using
> 'File > Open-Outline'### after restart ...* Leo showed a tip - but - did
> not ask me for a Leo-ID ...* Try 'Help > Open Help topics > Help' ...    *
> VR pane is opened to the right (as expected)* Open 'myLeoSettings'. Outline
> is created & opened after confirmation ...* Comment out 'viewrendered' and
> insert 'viewrendered3'### after restart ...* Leo showed another tip ...*
> Try 'Help > Open Help topics > Help' ...    * VR3 pane is in light mode -
> and - is opened to the left :-(*
>

>> What's the expected procedure for handling such a bug / issue during
>> sabbatical times?
>>

> Report them, as always.
>
> I don't see anything new or troubling in the behavior you report.

I'm not sure, if I'm the only one finding the behavior troubling - or - if
simply my notes were not clear enough describing the issue?

*Reason for my experiments: I thought one of the intentions of Leo 6.3 is
to make the look & feel better for new Leo users.*

I write left to right & top to bottom - so - my expectation is that both
renderers (VR & VR3) behave identical related to the placement of their
renderer pane! - But they do NOT :-(

Similarly, how do you feel, if the system comes with 'dark mode' enabled by
default - and - one renderer (VR) follows, while the other one (VR3)
ignores it?

I did reach out to both of you, since I don't know if the problems are only
on the side of the VR3 plugin - or - if it's related to a combination of
changes made to Leo Core & VR3 b/w 6.2 & 6.3.