On Monday, December 25, 2023 at 8:39:57 PM UTC-6 iamap...@gmail.com wrote:

Some people say that societal changes are happening too quickly, and
there's a need to rapidly acquire new skills.
However, some things are not that easy, which causes a lot of anxiety. What
is your perspective on this issue?

Maybe Edward can talk about how to evaluate Rust thing with Leo :-)

I'm not sure what you mean.  Issue #3662
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/3662> suggests rewriting
Leo's beautifier (aka Orange) in rust. I expect a speedup of about 100x.
This is worth doing because my present beautify scripts only beautify
*changed* files.

It's also worth doing because I want to learn rust :-)

I'll be applying the central lessons of info issue #3730
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/3730>:

- The way to learn a new computer language is to dive right in after doing
just a *little* study.
- Expect to put 10 in for every one out at first. That's ten units of
effort for every unit of results.

In other words, confident learners *don't* expect everything to be easy at
first!