Thanks for your "last" lesson, despite with you interactions after that post you keep teaching us in the community.

Regarding Rust and the oxidation of everything (A.K.A. rewrite it in Rust) I have found Nim[1] a pretty good language with visible inspirations on Python (like its syntax) and without over complications of Rust or Zig, for example the borrow checker (but Nim's garbage collector can be disabled).

[1] https://nim-lang.org/

I have rewritten some Pharo code in Nim for efficiency purposes or make some interop between both, because I need functionality available in Nim but not in Pharo.

Maybe you or other Leonistas would find Nim interesting, in their explorations of other technologies.

Cheers,

Offray

On 26/12/23 10:59, Edward K. Ream wrote:
On Tue, Dec 26, 2023 at 4:18 AM HaveF HaveF <iamapla...@gmail.com> wrote:

> why are you interested in Rust alone?

I'm interested in Rust because:
- It's important to the future of python.
- Transliterating leoAst.py to Rust will make Leo's beautify commands about 100x faster.

I'm interested in other languages and technologies besides Rust, but speeding up Leo's beautifier seemed like a good next thing to do.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "leo-editor" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to leo-editor+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/leo-editor/CAMF8tS2WpPnSRcnBh3N3hSVmEZJZ1r1DHQJ4kYYQ87oXEn5vdg%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/leo-editor/CAMF8tS2WpPnSRcnBh3N3hSVmEZJZ1r1DHQJ4kYYQ87oXEn5vdg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.