Jim Gifford wrote:

> Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>
>> On 1/5/06, Randy McMurchy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>> why would LFS consider doing a bunch of patching and such when it is
>>> just a guess if this is what is going to be coming down the pipe in
>>> just a couple of weeks with these new versions you mention?
>>>

>> I don't think Jim is proposing adding the changes to LFS. The way I
>> understood his post is that it is more for the bleeding edge guys so
>> that they can play around with the new stuff till it hits the released
>> versions of the packages. Similar to LFSers who play around with the
>> toolchain cvs versions. Jim, correct me if I misunderstood the intent.
>>

> That is correct, I'm not going to even put this into cross-lfs until
> those issues are resolved. There are so many of them. The net-fs
> stuff, drivers not having uevent. Which as of today is in the works
> for 2.6.16, which reminds me to update the todo list of cross-lfs.

I get tired of people saying I'm keeping everything secret of what I'm
doing. I brought what I found to the masses now that it works properly,
and now I'm getting harassed for it. Do I really deserve this treatment,
I don't think so. I'm tired of this crap, especially from you Randy
since your the only one who seems to have the problem with what I'm
doing and what I have accomplished with Cross-LFS.

I think it may be time to reinstate the lfs-hackers list, this thread is
a really good example why.

--
------
[EMAIL PROTECTED]