El Domingo, 8 de Abril de 2007 04:28, Bruce Dubbs escribió:

Please, try to keep the CC to lfs-dev.

> I do think that each section in Chapters 5 and 6 that install a new
> package should start on a new page, but places like Chapters 8 and 9 and
> possibly 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7 should 'flow'.

Yes, I was thinking also about that. The code was committed some hours ago.
Now the PDF have only 254 pages:

http://www.lfs-es.info/new-lfs-book/fop1-try2-lfs-book.pdf

> It would also be nice to solve the problem of long urls that cause ugly
> spacing when the text is fully justified.  Examples are: page 13
> (section 1.5), page 14, page 206 (section 7.5), page 217 (7.12.1).
>
> The last paragraph on page 224 (8.2) also suffers from the
> long-name-spacing-problem.
>
> These word spacing issues vary a bit in 'badness', but it would be nice
> if there were optional (zero width space) breaks at slash ('/') and
> underscore ('_') characters.

The URLs hyphenation support on the old stylesheets and FOP-0.20 was very
ugly. I will test if the current one is more usable and, if true, trying to
extend the support also to filenames.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia