M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Domingo, 8 de Abril de 2007 04:28, Bruce Dubbs escribió:
>
> Please, try to keep the CC to lfs-dev.

Yes, I was a little too quick in replying.  I think the lfs-dev is the
proper place for this discussion.

>> I do think that each section in Chapters 5 and 6 that install a new
>> package should start on a new page, but places like Chapters 8 and 9 and
>> possibly 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7 should 'flow'.
>
> Yes, I was thinking also about that. The code was committed some hours ago.
> Now the PDF have only 254 pages:
>
> http://www.lfs-es.info/new-lfs-book/fop1-try2-lfs-book.pdf

I like this a lot better.

Now I'm going to get a bit picky about the pdf, but its offered in a
constructive manner.  Don't feel obligated to fix any of these issues.
I'd like to see other opinions too.

1.  The font on the headers doesn't seem right.  Most of the text is
standard serif fonts (computer modern?).  That looks fine.  The headers
are sans-serif and bold.  The bold seems a little too wide.

Looking at a typical O'Reilly book, they use ITC Garamond Light (Italic)
for headings and Garamond Book for the normal text.  It seems to flow
there pretty nicely.

How much control do we have over fonts?

2.  The highlighted text has borders that seem a little heavy.  The
notes have borders that are light gray.  'Important' and 'Caution' areas
have the heavy border too.  Perhaps removing the border completely from
the gray backgrounds and using the light gray border for all the light
yellow backgrounds would give a better visual appearance.

  -- Bruce