El Domingo, 8 de Abril de 2007 21:10, Bruce Dubbs escribió:

> Is this a function of the reader's system or the system that renders the
> pdf.  I thought the actual fonts used were enclosed in the file.  I'm
> not 100% sure though.

For specifications, the Base-14 fonts must be available to all PDF readers and
are not embedded, except if forced.

Additional fonts must be embedded or be available to the readers.

What I noticed, is that in Acrobat Reader 5.0 the fonts looks nice, but in
KGoshtView looks a little ugly. Maybe due that Acrobat Reader uses their own
fonts while other readers uses the ones from gs?

> 0.5pc?  I think that's a pica which is
>   1 PostScript pica = 4.23333333 millimeters
>
> I don't think the borders are that thick--at least not on my system.  My
> estimate is about 1 mm.   Are you sure that's not the margin?
>
> Where is the border specified?  Perhaps we could do some preprocessing
> for the pdf.

In new-xsl/stylesheets/pdf/lfs-admon.xsl for admonitions and
new-xsl/stylesheets/pdf/lfs-mixed.xsl for verbatim environments. The line to
search in both is:

    <xsl:attribute name="border-width">1pt</xsl:attribute>

Changing it to 0.5pt looks a good idea.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia