Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Ryan Oliver wrote:
> There is technical information being passed. Simply look
> at what is being said, and don't worry how it is being
> said.

Let's say that you decided to eat at my restaurant. You sit down and
order some food. After some time, I return and slam down onto your table
a full plate of food such that when it hits your table, hot juice/sauce
flies up and stings you in the face and all over your good clothes.

Technically, you got your food. You got what you ordered. Does the same
principle apply? It doesn't matter how it is presented, just that the
food is there? I highly doubt that you would happily ignore the fact
that I ruined your clothes (and your food) and just sit quietly and eat
the remains.

One's personal image/ego isn't the point here. It's a matter of respect
for the project and those contributing. The point is that these sorts of
personal comments/insults/attacks/whatever makes the project look bad to
those looking on, is totally unnecessary, actually degrades the image of
the one doing the insulting and detracts from the technical issues
because you have to weed through the social aspects to find them.

--
JH