On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:28:15 -0800, Jim Gifford <c...@jg555.com> wrote:
> Greg Schafer wrote:
>> I've already said the CLFS Sysroot build is closest in spirit to how
>> sysroot is meant to work. But
>>
>>  1) it's cross compilation and therefore useless as a mainstream build
>>  2) it fails ICA verification dismally
>>
>> Regards
>> Greg
>>

> Again Greg provide us more information about the ICA, it seems to be
> your own creation?

Jim,

What is it, exactly, you're after?  Not wishing to patronize, but ICA
is just the process of compiling LFS from an LFS host and comparing
the binaries on the LFS host and the newly built LFS-from-LFS system.

There's obviously some differences that can be excluded (e.g. some
scripts/binaries end up with timestamps embedded in them).  Ken Moffat
might have his notes available or Greg might do.  jhalfs has an option
to do an ICA build, but I don't know whether it does the actual result
comparison or not.

Regards,

Matt.