Zachary Kotlarek wrote:
> On May 15, 2011, at 2:25 AM, DJ Lucas wrote:
>> might actually be easier to provide a default IFCONFIG values in
>> each service script, and walk /lib/network-services.
>
> This make sense to me -- then it's easy to extend the same approach
> for arbitrary service types -- say pppoe -- which might want to do
> similar things (i.e. kill the daemon on interface-down).

I'm trying to figure out why it'd be necessary to do this.  We already
have the previous configuration of every interface stuffed away in /run,
and we use that when deciding which service scripts to call when
bringing down networking.  Doesn't that kill the pppd / pppoe / dhclient
/ dhcpcd / whatever daemons already?  And doesn't that remove the IPs
that were configured already, for static?