Armin K. wrote:

>> It's not a 'distribution issue': you're wrong.

> It is. Package ships *.la file that depends on another *.la file which
> no package ships that the former one depends on. Packaging error.

I have to agree with Armin on this point.  An .la file is installed that
depends on another file that is not installed.

That said, I do think we need to address it in some way.  Even if it's
just a note.

I took a look at http://sotirov-bg.net/slackpack/pack.cgi?id=1280 and
the item 'SlackBuild: Yes, included' indicates to me that it should be
present.

It's really up to the user to install it though.  We don't want to get
into the business on advising how to install a package on a distro.

A little googling suggests a check on slackware can be done with:

find /var/log/packages -name gmp\*

   -- Bruce