Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Armin K. wrote:

>>> It's not a 'distribution issue': you're wrong.
>
>> It is. Package ships *.la file that depends on another *.la file which
>> no package ships that the former one depends on. Packaging error.
>
> I have to agree with Armin on this point.  An .la file is installed that
> depends on another file that is not installed.
>
> That said, I do think we need to address it in some way.  Even if it's
> just a note.
>
> I took a look at http://sotirov-bg.net/slackpack/pack.cgi?id=1280 and
> the item 'SlackBuild: Yes, included' indicates to me that it should be
> present.
>
> It's really up to the user to install it though.  We don't want to get
> into the business on advising how to install a package on a distro.
>
> A little googling suggests a check on slackware can be done with:
>
> find /var/log/packages -name gmp\*

I think I have the test for version-check.sh:

for lib in lib{gmp,mpfr,mpc}.so; do
   echo $lib: $(if find /usr/lib* -name $lib|
                grep -q $lib;then :;else echo not;fi) found
done

Gives:

libgmp.so: found
libmpfr.so: found
libmpc.so: found

or

libgmp.so: not found
libmpfr.so: found
libmpc.so: found

All of the libraries may not be strictly required, but it errs on the
side of completeness.

If I can get agreement on this, I can add it and make the 7.5 release
tomorrow (um, later today).

   -- Bruce