Hi Martin,

Am Freitag, 8. Februar 2008 20:52:05 schrieb martin:
> # By default boot the first menu entry.
> default 0
>
> # Allow 30 seconds before booting the default.
> timeout 30
>
> # Use prettier colors.
> color green/black light-green/black
>
> # The first entry is for LFS.
> title LFS 6.3
> root (hd0,6)
> kernel /boot/lfskernel-2.6.22.5 root=/dev/sda7
Looks fine. Assuming you do not have /boot on another small partition which is
often used to hide the kernel et.al. from the rest of the system

> The LFS system is located in /mnt/lfs which is situated on/dev/sda7.
Sure you have mounted this while building the new LFS?  (Happened to me once a
while ago... I made great eyes when i saw that all of my builds
has "disappeared" from the partition but were fine on the root system...)

> The following text is displayed when loading comes to a halt.
>
> ".......
> Root - NFS: No NFS server available , giving up.
> VFS: unable to mount root fs via NFS trying floppy
> VFS: insert root floppy and press enter
This is what seems to be very strange.  Sounds like the kernel tries to use
NFS (Network File System).   No idea where that can come from. Are you sure
that the used filesystem is compiled in into your kernel?

--
Thomas