I have finished my LFS-7.0 build and I have successfully booted it aafter
solving some problems.

The symlink /bin/sh to /bin/bash was missing.  I am looking into why that
happened, but I see in the chapter06 in the bash section that the link is not
created by hand.  I believe it should have beeen created by the package
installation but it was not.  I have made this link by hand to fix this
particular problem.

I have the following two issues to correct:

When it now boots there is a line that states:
        mount: mount point /dev/pts does not exist
This appears in the boot sequence

What is responseable for /dev/pts and why might it be missing?

The other issue I have is with grub2.  Upon trying to install it to the mbr
using grub-install /dev/sda it puked saying that the core.img file was too
big, hereby trashing the grub-legacy boot loader leaving the system
unbootable. I will need to look into what/why/when the cause of the core.img
file being too big.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Salamat