Andrew Benton wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 17:06:44 -0600
> Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There are three places /dev/pts is mentioned in the book:
>>
>> 6.2. Preparing Virtual Kernel File Systems
>> 8.2. Creating the /etc/fstab File
>> 9.3. Rebooting the System
>
> ...and on the udev page we have:
> install -dv /lib/{firmware,udev/devices/pts}

Good catch.  I forgot about that.

> The bootscripts used to copy everything in /lib/udev/devices to /dev

IIRC, that was dropped because udev did that for us.  AFAIK, it still
does, at least on my system it does, but I'm still using udev-173 from
LFS-7.0.  From the udev man page:

"Static device nodes might be provided by kernel modules or copied
from /lib/udev/devices. These nodes might not have a corresponding
kernel device at the time udevd is started; they can trigger automatic
kernel module loading."

That quote is buried a bit on the page when discussing rules.

   -- Bruce