Continuing this long-dormant thread, I want to thank the libdbi core
team for the help and support in getting basic ISO timezone support
into the code base.  It has helped the Evergreen[1] project immensely,
as we wouldn't have a fast and stable database connector without it.

We are now relying on the code in CVS for our production services at
PINES[2], and we're getting a good deal of outside interest and test
implementations.  As such, we're pulling libdbi from CVS when we need
to build a new server, and we're advising others to do the same.  As
you can imagine, this is less than optimal for sites that are short on
time or expertise, and gives a feeling (at least to those uninitiated
with open source) of bleeding-edge requirements that can turn less
experimental potential users off.

So, with that, I'd like to see what the general feeling of the
community would be to releasing a new tarball for the current
codebase.  As I mentioned, we're currently using this heavily in
production and we are extremely happy with the performance and
stability.  I'm not sure if any other projects have adopted or tested
the current code, but as far as the timezone support goes, it is very
stable in our use.

Is it time for 0.8.2?

TIA

[1] http://open-ils.org
[2] http://gapines.org and http://www.georgialibraries.org

UPDATE:  While looking at the code I notices that one of my original
debugging fprintf's managed to hang around.  Attached is a patch that
comments out that one line, and does nothing else.  It's probably just
as easy for someone to go in and remove all the fprintf lines,
commented out or not, since they're not needed at all, AFAICS.  Thanks
again!

--
Mike Rylander
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On 5/16/06, Mike Rylander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/16/06, Markus Hoenicka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mike Rylander writes:
>  > I've attached a patch against my local copy of the new file, so it
>  > should patch CVS with out too much of a fight.  I've added a little
>  > logic to look for a ':' minute separator in the -8:00 format.  It
>  > compiles and runs for me, so please give it a whirl and make sure it
>  > passes muster.
>  >

> The patch works as advertized. However, I felt the same could be
> achieved with less code, and I started to reimplement the timezone
> handling by reversing the logic. Checking for a separator first allows
> a cleaner implementation imho. I've checked in the code, a patch
> against the pre-timezone dbd_helper.c is attached. Please check
> whether the current implementation works ok for your testcases.

The patch works perfectly, and the logic is definitely more readable
now.  Thanks again!

--
Mike Rylander
[EMAIL PROTECTED]