Mike Rylander writes:
 > It's actually the libdbi-drivers Makefile that needs patching, and
 > it's currently specific to linux builds for us.  Mingw and Cygwin may
 > not mind dl-loading-a-dl like linux seems to.  It's documented here:
 >
 >   http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=libdbi
 >
 > and amounts to adding -ldbi to the LDFLAGS var for the drivers.

I've comitted a couple of changes to the cvs repositories of libdbi
and libdbi-drivers:

- removed the leftover fprintf debug call from libdbi/src/dbd_helper.c

- added a --enable-libdbi switch to libdbi-drivers/configure.in. If
  you use this switch, all drivers will be linked against
  libdbi. Please suggest a better name for this option if you can come
  up with one. Making this configurable does not require us to run
  tests on all available platforms whether or not the drivers linked
  against libdbi fail.

- added a --with-dbi-libdir option to set the library path
  appropriately if libdbi.so/libdbi.a should be installed in an odd
  place

- fixed a typo in libdbi-drivers/configure.in which may be responsible
  that the docs get built on some platforms although the
  --disable-docs switch was used

I didn't check in the sqlite3 concurrency code yet as I'll have to run
some more tests before releasing it into the wild. Please give the
current cvs version a try and let me know if it works out of the box
for your setup. I'll try to come up with some additions to the
documentation to describe the new options and the possible setups.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka