You misunderstand. Signing up to these services is generally easy, and
there are a number of instances up and running for each. However, there
is as far as I know, no integrated service running an XMPP service, a
mail server, an OStatus instance, all connected and having the same
user database, reasonable connections between them etc etc.

It is certainly doable to install all of these, but currently it is
hard, in the sense that you need some rather in-depth knowledge to
properly glue everything together.

Making it easy to set up a server with a multitude of useful services
will not make each and every person set such a server up, but it may mean
that a much larger group of people _know_ someone who can set up such
a server.

Incidentally, I have been thinking, writing (one or two) blog posts on, but due
to time constraints not actually implementing or promoting such a project.

Best

/P

Petter Ericson (pett...@acc.umu.se)