Just so. Thank you.
But I think you overqualify a bit.  It is not necessarily that the
"Real" value of the things was less than we expected.  We do not need
to make ANY assumption about the "Real" value in order to understand
this.  The only thing that matters is that some people CHANGED THEIR
MINDS about how valuable the "things" were.

(1) Maybe they decided they were worth MORE than before, and thus the
"Market Value" increased.
(1)(A) Maybe they were correct, and the "Real" value WAS greater than
thought.
(1)(B) Maybe they were mistaken, and the "Real" value was NOT greater
than thought.

(2) Maybe they decided they were worth LESS than before, and thus the
"Market Value" Decreased.
(2)(A) Maybe they were correct, and the "Real" value WAS less than
thought.
(2)(B) Maybe they were mistaken, and the "Real" value was NOT less
than thought.

In all four instances, the result is the same:  Market Value changes
- whether the Internal Mental State is delusional or realistic.  This
happens regardless of whether some kind of Inflation or other process
is responsible for making the Internal Mental State inaccurate and now
the Mental State realizes its mistake (the Mistake might be the New
opinion, not the Old one; makes no difference).

--- In LibertarianEnterprise@yahoogroups.com, "Gary F. York"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think we can agree, in this case, that wealth, however we define it,
> didn't 'suddenly' vanish overnight.  What happened, more or less
> 'suddenly', is that we recognize (because of new or more broadly
> available information) that certain things we thought correctly valued
> were, instead, rather less valuable.  In truth, those things never
> actually held the value we originally expected.
>
> As prosaic, really, as if you pony up $50,000 for a car expecting it to
> serve you well for ten years and it begins to self-destruct at year
two,
> you may 'suddenly' realize the car was less valuable than you had
> confidently anticipated.  Bummer.  Sure, nothing has really changed:
the