Yeah I am not opposed to it by anymeans.  I just think that cutting
spending is more important than any other thing in terms of reducing
the tax burden on americans and also pointing out that Sales tax is
not perfect by anymeans also.  With all that being said, i would
probably perfer a a sales tax assuming it was not phased in as the
income tax was phased out.  The only exception i think needs to be
made is old people should be given the choice of paying an income tax
and getting a card exempting them from sales tax.  Seems grossly
unfair to tax a persons income all their life and then when they
retire start taxing them on spending that income, when most people
live with either one or the other.