On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 13:29 -0800, Dave Laird wrote:
> Good afternoon, Frank...
>
> Frank Reichert wrote:
>
> > Oh crap! Did I screw something up again?  Probably so.
>
> No, not really, ALTHOUGH I did notice some of the resident Libertarians
> jumping up and down and waving what appeared to be wood shanks or spears
> in your general direction. Of course, that could be a ceremonial rite, the
> purpose of which I am unfamiliar. 8-)

Oh, it was ceremonial? Does that mean I have to quit sharpening the
speartip? :^)

> > 2. There was a time when I really did believe that marijuana and
> > other drugs, prostitution, gambling and other 'vices' should be
> > illegal and such activities vigorously prosecuted by the state; I
> > have since taken the reverse, and opposite position;
>
> We might differ here. Since the gummint feels they can tax the hell out of
> another vice, cigarettes, why shouldn't they simply tax the hell out of
> the other vices, as well? There is a working-class hooker that routinely
> patrols near the area where a group of us have coffee each morning, that
> we affectionately call Theresa La Boom Boom. I have to pay taxes. Everyone
> else who owns a small business has to pay taxes. What I want to know is
> why Theresa La Boom Boom doesn't have to pay taxes? Make the hookers
> accountable, not their Johns. Johns have been around for over 2000 years.

Which begs the question: Which came first, the Hooker or the John? :^D

I used to think they should likewise legalize and tax those things.

> With the possible of the current race for Governor in Washington State, I
> would have to agree. However, ask *anyone* in Washington State why they
> voted for either the Cat Lady or the Italian Mafia, and they'll
> immediately know what you're talking about. That is how bad things are on
> this side of the State Line. 8-(

It happens here too. Only here the "part time paperboy's assistant"
actually resigned. ;^)

My turn to snicker and stay at work. ;)

Cheers,
Bill