Travis Pahl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in part:

>i am not opposed to compromise as much as some seem to think I am.  I
>am willing to accept a compromise so long as it moves me closer to my
>ideal.

The problem is that that's not always within your reasonable choices.  For
instance, neither pleading guilty nor defending a charge may move you
closer to your ideal, but the guilty plea may entail the best compromise.
Similarly, dental work usually moves one closer away from ideal, but you'll
still have better & worse choices regarding things to do with your mouth.

Truly I So Briney,
Robert in the Bronx