The problem with his analysis is that Ruth Bennett (the LP candidate in the
gubernatorial race) did her best to run to the left.  She emphasized
personal freedoms, was thoroughly "out of the closet" as a lesbian and
favored "gay marriage."  She claimed, immediately after the election, that
she had cost Christine Gregoire (Dem.) the election.  Now, it appears that
she only "nearly cost Christine Gregoire the election."

Add in all the hanky-panky that went on with the recounts, and you've pretty
much blown Chuck Muth's original premises clear out of the water--and the
rest of the argument with it.

Lowell C. Savage
It's the freedom, stupid!
Gun control: tyrants' tool, fools' folly.